The following historic report " A Soil Survey of the Mildrua Irrigation Settlement" was published in 1940, and marked completion of work in the Mildura settlement itself; as at Merbein. The soil survey was carried out by the former Division of Soils, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (now CSIRO), and the former Victoria Department of Agriculture. Field work was shared by G. D Hubble, J. K. Taylor, and P. D. Hopper, of the Division of Soils, and laboratory work was undertaken by the Victorian Agricultural Laboratory. The cartography is due to P. D. Hooper.
We gratefully acknowledge permission to make this report available from CSIRO (external link).
To view the information PDF requires the use of a PDF reader. This can be installed for free from the Adobe website (external link).