Return to Main Menu
| Return to Step 4
| Return to Step 4.2.4 | Next Step
Centre pivot installations require relatively little maintenance, particularly electric powered units.
- A diesel engine requires fuelling and regular servicing.
- The pivot requires perhaps annual servicing, mainly of the drive system.
- Filtration systems and sand traps require regular service, depending on the quality of the water supply.
- Older machines may require occasional replacement of drive system components such as gearboxes if they fail. However, the recommended maintenance program should minimise such occurrences.
- Wheel tracks should be maintained so that any ruts are not deeper than say 100 mm (See Step 22.214.171.124) to minimise the load on drive trains. Mud from deep wheel ruts can reduce the life of gearbox seals, and can lead to gearbox failure.