This report prepared by P L Ockenden, Conservation Officer and M O'Meara of the former Soil Conservation Authority, in 1980 is based on an assessment of the physical characteristics of the land.
To view the information PDF requires the use of a PDF reader. This can be installed for free from the Adobe website (external link).
- Social or economic factors have not been considered. The scale of the assessment has necessitated some generalisation.
- Site – specific data will be required for detailed planning.
- The precision with which boundaries are mapped is affected by the scale of the map. Subsequent enlargement of the map does not improve the precision and may be misleading.
- The boundaries on the maps usually represent readily seen changes in the land. However, where an important land characteristic changed gradually, the boundary indicates approximately where there is a significant change in the effect on the land use.
- No material may be extracted from the report for publication without the written permission of the Soil Conservation Authority.
(PDF 394 KB)